ShareFile is a file sharing service that enables users to easily and securely exchange documents. ShareFile Enterprise provides enterprise-class service and includes storage zones controller and the User Management Tool.
Managing your own data storage enables you to meet regulatory compliance requirements and to locate the storage close to users for optimized performance.
There are many ways to work using ShareFile, including a web-based interface, mobile clients, desktop apps, and integration with Microsoft Outlook and Gmail. The most common way to log in to ShareFile is through ShareFile.com.
Did you know…
ShareFile allows you to upload ALL file types. There is a size limit based on your ShareFile plan level. For more information on these size limits, see Account storage limits.
Citrix Files applications are changing their names to ShareFile. There are no changes to the functionality, however users might see these new application names when upgrading to the latest version.
Citrix Files applications help you exchange files easily, securely and professionally with secure data sharing and storage, customizable usage and settings, and tools that allow you to collaborate more easily and get your work done. Citrix Files gives users various access options, including Citrix Files mobile clients, such as Citrix Files for Android and Citrix Files for iOS. Citrix Files for Windows and Citrix Files for Mac are the client software used to securely interact with files in the ShareFile platform. ShareFile for Outlook and Gmail lets you send links directly to your files from your email account.
For more information, see Citrix Files apps.
ShareFile delivers electronic signature capability using RightSignature. An electronic signature, sometimes known as an e-signature, is the same as your handwritten signature on a paper document, except electronic — a mark on an electronic contract or document you make to demonstrate your intent to agree to the terms of that document.
Integrating RightSignature with ShareFile provides the power to obtain legally binding signatures on documents entirely online, being completed more quickly and securely than executing paper documents.
ShareFile delivers electronic signature capability at different levels:
- RightSignature electronic signature integration with ShareFile lets you send files stored in your ShareFile account for electronic signature. For integration steps, see Getting started.
For more information, see RightSignature.
Storage zones controller
Managing your own data storage enables you to meet regulatory compliance requirements and to locate the storage close to users for optimized performance. Storage zones reside in your on-premises single-tenant storage system or in supported third-party cloud storage. Storage zones controller also provides users with secure access to ShareFile and network file shares through storage zone connectors. Storage zone connectors provide secure mobile access to data residing behind your corporate firewall without the need to migrate data to the cloud.
Storage zone connectors enable ShareFile client users to browse, upload, or download documents. For documents stored in SharePoint, mobile users can download, check out, edit, and check in Microsoft Office documents and annotate Adobe PDF documents. The mobile content editor integrated with ShareFile provides mobile users with a secure, rich editing experience, even when working offline.
For more information, see About storage zones controller.
User Management Tool
The User Management Tool enables ShareFile administrators to provision employee user accounts and distribution groups by querying permissions from Active Directory (AD).
- Enable provisioned users to sign in to ShareFile using their AD credentials.
- Store user account provisioning rules with your account information in the Citrix Cloud. You can install the tool on any machine and access your rules by logging in to your account.
- Match ShareFile accounts to AD based on email address, links your existing employee accounts to AD, and updates employee account information in ShareFile.
- Enable you to specify options including authentication method and default storage zone for each provisioning rule.
- Enable you to use distribution groups to manage folders and easily share documents with a group.
- Keep ShareFile in sync with AD changes based on the schedule you specify. You can create multiple, named synchronization jobs in the User Management Tool.
- Support a proxy server connection between the User Management Tool and ShareFile.
For more information, see About User Management Tool.
ShareFile supports the following languages: